Re: (ET) E15 alltrax death

At 12:29 PM 12/4/2007 -0500, Krug, Jeff wrote:
I would be very interested in the alltrax autopsy report.

While I am all for diodes to reduce chatter in a contactor and MOV's to
absorb spikes.

I am rather hesitant to rely on these to protect a $300 investment.
Soon or later a diode or MOV will take enough hits and fail.

A properly sized diode shouldn't fail as a result of load. Adding a resistor to help increase the decay rate of the coil current can be a good idea. It can help by increasing the separation rate of the contactor tips.

Robert

Another sign of the end of civilization, our technical magazines are getting chatty
From an EETimes product descriptions 2006/08/09
".... systems that can sample gobs of inputs simultaneously"
Now just what is the technical definition for gobs again?
http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/