Re: (ET) [Fwd: [EVDL] The Case for the Electric Tractor] (fwd)

Steve wrote:
>I see people junk tractors after
>only a few years - usually due to something simple, like a crud in the
>carb or some simple part broken.

Indeed.  Gas engines go bad pretty quickly if not maintained from year to
year.  I know way too many people that expect their mowers, tractors, weed
whackers or what have you, that run on gas to last for years and years
with
nothing more than draining the gas and changing the spark plug each year
(some
don't do even that).  I gave up on my first and second gas walk-behind
mowers
after 2 years each because of all the maintenance they required.

Other than making sure the batteries are kept well charged (not too much,
not
too little), there is absolutely NOTHING I have had to do to maintain my
ET in
good operating condition.  I had an initial "get it working" phase the
year I
first retrieved my ET from decades-long storage, but after that,
everything
just keeps working.  I've even almost toasted the batteries on 2
occasions, and
even they keep on working.

I think if the whole world switched over to ET's or electric mowers, the
maintenance business would sharply decline.  Like the Neuton, a failure of
some
kind could be diagnosed over the phone, and a part sent to and installed
by the
consumer -- a simple case of "unplug module 11a2b and plug in the new one
just sent you."

--
Jeremy Gagliardi
E20