Re: (ET) [Fwd: [EVDL] The Case for the Electric Tractor] (fwd)

how 'bout the 'middle' coast - facts :

During administrations prior to Reagan, Congress passed laws requiring
improved gas mileage for cars sold in USA - stretched over a period of
many
years, according to an achievable schedule (for the auto engineers).

During Reagan administration, those laws were gutted.

I guess we can go back and read historic details as to exactly which
Presidents, vice-presidents, senators and congressmen voted for or against
whatever details of the law ... but the end result is, if Mr.
Charismatic/Great communicator (Reagan) HAD championed energy efficient
cars,
I am SURE that the laws would have remained in place, or even been
strengthened !  AND, America might be using less imported oil today (or
there
might be more suburban sprawl ... since it would cost less to drive
farther
to work <grin>).