(ET) How not to Check the Batteries/Landis Controller

John Briese reported that he seconded the favorable comment on the famous Landis controller. I wish to be heard on this matter also. The Landis controller did not cause any problem for me in the long run. Somehow the original setting was moved to a higher voltage which caused some doubts. After I returned the Landis to the original setting suggested by Landis all has been fine.  I however must remember to check the water level regularly.  Although the replacement mechanical timer remains on my E-20, I rely totally on the Landis controller at this time to keep my batteries charged.