Re: (ET) Mower Motor Reinforcing Flange

Hi  Raymon

    I switch from forward to reverse and back all the time with ether the foot pedal or cruse on, in LL, L or (D1 at a low speed).  I do that in tight places around trees and shrubs because of the instant direction change.  The Alltrax DC 300 hasn't been harmed by this action, it seems to apply motor braking then reverse.  Something must have come loose from the instant direction change, or a fuse died.

Are your blades Ballenced?  If they are off a little that will cause a lot of vibration.

Ralph
My ET Page
http://members.talkamerica.net/ralphgv talkamerica net/Index.html

Raymon R. Ellis wrote:

Harold Zimmerman on 11/17/06 sold me a flange for a mower motor which was vibrating. The flange did a good job in reducing the noise. I may need two more flanges when I get my E-20 going again in a few days. Yesterday I noticed both outside motors generate loud noises or vibrations which the flange helped reduce on the center motor. I was cutting very tall grass down at the roadside. I remarked to my wife who was watching traffic that the E-20 was performing perfectly in 10 inch grass and weeds next to the ditch. When we closed the gate and started mowing the front lawn, the main motor stopped. A safety wire became disconnected, the switch or the controller failed when I was in close quarters between the bushes in the yard. Somehow I panicked a little and switched to reverse while in cruise control and back again quickly and the main motor stopped. I towed the E-20 into the garage. The cruise control has been so nice to use but I should have disengaged it before reversing. Maybe a connection has come loose and the controller is unharmed. The connection from the brake pedal through the seat switch & key switch to the micro switch which selects the 5K foot or dash pot will be checked tomorrow. Ralph Vogan published the E-20 Wiring Diagram which I used to wire the dual pots. It has been a near perfect setup until yesterday. Does anyone think that the Alltrax DC 300 would be harmed by quickly switching from forward to reverse and back? I know one thing, I will not repeat the action!