(ET) matching belts

The recent comments on belts got me thinking: since the E-20 (unlike the rest) uses 2 belts in parallel, how close do they have to match in length. I had thought that just replacing both at the same time with new belts of the exact same make & model was good enough, as quality control is pretty tight to begin with.

Does it really need an official "matched belt" pair (as in purchased already matched by the manufacturer)? Or perhaps rummage through a few individual belts and make sure they at least visually match in length?

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's