Re: (ET) Charging push mowers

yep, measure both volts and amps and plot versus time.

The values will change dramatically during the first few minutes, then settle into a slow and steady voltage rise (the bulk phase) and then do something interesting depending on how smart the charger is or isn't. You don't need all that much data until the end of the bulk phase, but... until you know the pattern you won't know when that is so will need to check say every half hour as has been suggested.

If you want to throw money at it, get an Link-10 meter (formerly known as an "E-meter") with an RS-232 port, connect to your computer, and have the data logged continuously for you. :-)

tbamc wrote:
Does anyone happen to know how 'smart' the chargers are in the Craftsman, B and D, etc. push mowers?

If not, and I want to figure it out in the two I've got, will I need to charge a battery and take multiple measurements, over time? (Would I need to measure both V and A, and how often?)

Thanks.

Thon

--
Jim Coate