From: "Jim Coate" <jbc coate org>
To: "Elec-Trak" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:14 PM
Subject: (ET) matching belts

The recent comments on belts got me thinking: since the E-20 (unlike the
rest) uses 2 belts in parallel, how close do they have to match in
length. I had thought that just replacing both at the same time with new
belts of the exact same make & model was good enough, as quality control
is pretty tight to begin with.

Does it really need an official "matched belt" pair (as in purchased
already matched by the manufacturer)? Or perhaps rummage through a few
individual belts and make sure they at least visually match in length?

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's