Re: (ET) Dismal failure

Jeremy Gagliardi com wrote:
First, the batteries were very discharged. I couldn't even get it up to full speed before the whole thing just quit. Me thinks the controller didn't kick in enough. I had to put it on a "quick" 20-minute manual charge just to get things going. After use, I put it on a full manual charge.

Weird, but interesting.

But, now here's the really horrible part. I have the dozer blade on for plowing snow. The crossbar is off so the blade can spring up whenever it encounters an obstacle. Guess what happened? This snow wouldn't budge one bit. The blade just kept springing up. Plus, the rear tires (with chains) would just spin out of control.

After using the snowblower to pump out the 3 inches of sleet from most of my driveway yesterday morning I parked it and went to work. When I got back at 6pm, the blower would just ride up on what was no about 2 inches of sheer ice.

Moral: Nothing will get through ice. If the 200+lb blower isn't going to do it, the dozer blade will not either. So don't feel bad :-)

I got the dang thing stuck, in 2" deep snow no less, more than 3 times. I had to get my wife to push while I drove in LL twice.

Did you have chains? I found that the chains provided good traction even on the ice.

Unfortunately the only solution with slush is to get it off before it freezes solid. I'm in MD too and it looks like we're going to have days of cold. So the rest of my driveway will go un-plowed.

Jeremy Gagliardi
E20
Potomac, Md

CZ