Re: (ET) Dismal failure

I went out (I'm in northern VA) to plow out the parts of the driveway my
neighbor missed  and my blade and tractor just rode up over the crust. I
thought that the weight of the tractor plus the chains would break up
the ice, but no go - in some places the chains didn't even dent the
surface.

I guess a snowblower might beat the ice enough to break it up.

If the blade had down pressure, then you might be able to break through.
Once you get a foot hold, the blade/tractor works great, but you got to
get under the stuff.

- SteveS
E20

Jeremy Gagliardi com wrote:

But, now here's the really horrible part. I have the dozer blade on for plowing snow. The crossbar is off so the blade can spring up whenever it encounters an obstacle. Guess what happened? This snow wouldn't budge one bit. The blade just kept springing up. Plus, the rear tires (with chains) would just spin out of control.

--
Jeremy Gagliardi
E20