Re: (ET) Dismal failure

Sorry to hear the news, Jeremy! I lost a reverse relay in the middle of a big job two years ago, and that really bugged me.

This time: Outside of Boston we had 6" of really dense, dry, granular snow... not too bad for an ET's thrower.

I melted a battery post, though, dammit. (I neglected my usual habit of  inspection!) And at one point I lost one of the big bolts that holds the bearing for the auger on the thrower... oops! Clanky, bangy, scary.... but no damage and easy to fix.

Also, it being an E20, the switch box sticks horribly. I have to reach down with a hand and push up on the "pull" lever that goes from box to pedal, and wiggle endlessly to get it to return to full off. Ooof! Slows you way down. (Maybe that's my tractor's way of insisting on cooling time and battery rebound.)

But all fixable.

I can't be in a hurry with my ET, but, at least right now, it's still better than shoveling or working an ICE.

Happy throwing to all,
and good health to us and our e-beasts
-Max