Re: (ET) kill a watt

Possible solution;  You could plug an analog electric clock into the
landis also  This small draw would be miniscule (on the order of 5W)
compared to the landis and even if  the digital one of the KAW resets,
Read the analog clock for your time figure, log it every day. it's
electrical draw would be a 'throwaway'  in any figuring you did.  You
could fill in the lost KWH figure using 'past performance'  from a
previous test for that time period.

Power interruptons can't do nothing about.  An electronic hotshot would
take her apart and put a back up battery in there like many AC powered
digital clocks have.

My kill o watt doesn't reset when a load is removed from it,  retains
both time on and kwh drawn (cumulative).  If yours does,  either it is
defective, or the sudden breaking of that big inductive load is creating
a line spike that resets it (more likely).  Try putting a line spike
protector on the Landis (or whatever) to absorb it.  for that to work,
all extension cords in the circuit must be '3 wire'  an open 'green' wire
in the circuit makes most spike protectors useless.

Merry Christmas.  KAwatt  is showing up to be the most useful Christmas
present I've bought myself for years and even being heavily into energy
conservation, will give me facts which will allow me to save more of it.

Dave
Weymouth MA