Re: (ET) Motor Swap & kill a watt

David C Robie wrote:
(power).   It would be nice to have 'variable power' - using toggle
switches instead of a cam - so you could choose how far to throw the
stuff, or use minimum power for light snowfalls higher for heavier ones.
Good idea.  And easy to do.  Even one resister and switch would give me two speeds.  I noticed that the motor has to run in reverse to drive the thrower the right way.  But I don't think that will be a problem.
Why not breadboard the thing and temp tie it on the dashboard (good ole
Duct tape) to see what develops.  I have a 20 motor here and if you find
that vari power works dcent and useful, I might consider a motor switch
on my blower just to have the added feature.
Ralph Vogan
ralphgv talkamerica net