(ET) kill a watt

Just recieved my kill a watt this aft mail from Suprmediastore at the
discount price.  Fastest service I ever got from a mail order and
figuring it's the Christmas rush and 3,000 miles away, it knocked me
over.

This thing is outasight.  They claim a good % of accuracy <1% so here's
the thing that can reality check my clamp-on and some old figures I got
based on it.
IMHOP this device could not have been built in any form 10 yrs ago
without being a bench meter and costing a great amount of money.

A quick check on pwr consumption on the 2 main computers here has already
told me that I should be using this one more than the other one - at a
40W saving.  It will even read intermittent instantaneous use such as a
harddrive read or a computer sound (a watt apiece).  Surprisingly quick.
 Will be finding more uses for this as time goes on. Coming immedately to
mind, exactly how much do I save by using solar power to run my shop
stereo (which is on whenever I'm in the shop).  It's a saving, yes.  But
what's the payback?  Cumulative kwh/s will tell me that.

I like the 'reset all functions to zero' when you unplug it.  Prevents
adding on to a previous kwh count unless you mean to.

Will be recommending this (and your source) to a lot of people. Thanks,
Raymon, for finding the 'lo buck' (and shockingly fast shipping) deal on
it.

Dave
Weymouth MA