Re: (ET) kill-a-watt

I have the solar panels connected in series to produce 24 volts (nominal) at ~100 watts.

The panels then connect to a small grid-tie ready inverter.

The 120 volt AC output of the invertor connects to the Kill-a-watt meter.

The Kill-a-watt plugs into a regular 120 VAC outlet.

This only works since I have the AC output - it will NOT work on DC!

The kill-a-watt doesn't count "backwards"; there is no negative sign. It displays the KWH produced as a positive number.

HTH.
Jim

<elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu> wrote:

How do you use your Kill-a-watt backwards to log how much power comes from your solar panels ?
Please describe your setup in more detail.
Do you have solar panels with AC output ?
I thought the Kill-a-watt meter only worked on AC.

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's