(ET) Fwd: RE: Electric Tractor Conversion Update

I would advise not using a snowthrower motor for the deck, use a drive
motor instead. The snowthrower motor is a full blown series wound motor,
it's speed will be all over the place with differing loads. The drive
motors being either permmag or primarily shunt-wound are more of a
constant speed motor.  I'd prefer the E14 or E12 permmag motor for the
deck.  No controls needed, just a contactor for each motor.

Stay Charged!

Hump

Jerry wrote:

I beleve R Klien, Hump an others have the right idea, replace the 11hp ICE
with a 14, 15, 20 hp Etrack motor. I did a Cub 149 an few years back, no
controlls needed, it was a shaft drive hydro so the dc motor ran at full
rpms all the time, all controll was thur the trany ..fwd/rev/speed, I
would switch out the decks for a frt mount elec deck, or add a snowblower
motor to drive the present deck, worked fine for me

Jerry NW Ohio