(ET) Gel cell charging

David,

You mentioned you used the Cliplight chargers:

<They're plain
linear chargers and they aren't very smart (basic cycle-dropping charge
control at 14.3 and 14.8 volts), but I've been using 3 to charge the 12v gel
batteries in my ET for about 8 years.  >

In another post you said bulk phase termination V of 14.7 was too high for 'any' gel cell.

1.  Are these contradictory or am I not understanding something?

2. In general, can AGM's and gel's be thought of as similar, for charging purposes, or not?

Thanks.

Thon