Re: (ET) 48v electrac

Matthew callahan wrote:
I am not as concerned about the relays and controller components with a 48V pack as i am about the motors on the various ET attachments;

A solid state DC to DC converter should be able to handle all 36V control components off the 48V pack. The accessories would have to run off the full pack however, or with a power tap on 6 of 8 batteries (Which would be a bad idea due to the severe imbalance it would create).

Which accessories can run on 48V without a problem? The blower, tiller, and the front mounted sweeper I presume? How about the mower motors, front loader, forklifts leaf sweeper, or other accessories with a smaller PM motor?

I suppose they could, however it will be interesting to see if the tiller gears and the blower auger can handle the increased speed. The mower motors will run in a permanent field-weakened condition at 48 volts, bad.

Overall it seems like a bad idea. Just get a rotary inverter or a Tripp-Lite 36 volt inverter and be done with it. Bonus: Free battery charger.

Chris