Re: (ET) 48v electrac

Christopher Zach Wrote
>Matthew callahan wrote:
>> I am not as concerned about the relays and controller components with a
48V
>> pack as i am about the motors on the various ET attachments;
>>
>> A solid state DC to DC converter should be able to handle all 36V
control
>> components off the 48V pack.  The accessories would have to run off the
full
>> pack however, or with a power tap on 6 of 8 batteries (Which would be a
bad
>> idea due to the severe imbalance it would create).
>>
>> Which accessories can run on 48V without a problem?  The blower, tiller,
and
>> the front mounted sweeper I presume?  How about the mower motors, front
>> loader, forklifts leaf sweeper, or other accessories with a smaller PM
>> motor?
>
>I suppose they could, however it will be interesting to see if the
>tiller gears and the blower auger can handle the increased speed. The
>mower motors will run in a permanent field-weakened condition at 48
>volts, bad.

I thought the mower motors were PM?  There won't be any field weakening.
The speed increase from the extra voltage might be an issue, especially
when it come to stopping the blades as might the extra surge current from
starting at 48V.

The same's true of all the accessories.

FWIW there exist 36V and 48V variants of the OX using the same accessories.
Internal support wiring differs though.

I'd be cautious about assuming that 36V motors and accessories will be
useable or safe at 48V but that's less likely to be an issue than relays,
resistors etc...

Robert

http://mail2web.com/ .