Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Dan's 2/10A charger

Guys don't replace the timer, buy a Landis controller
and keep the ET charged all the time.
The Landis replaces the timer and monitors the pack
voltage to keep the pack at 100% charge using the ET
charger.
I have had a Landis for 4 years and I always stay
charged.
Thanks,
Paul Holzschuher
E15 and C185

--- "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <etpost drmm net>
wrote:

On 1 Nov 2006 at 12:35, David C Robie wrote:

> The 'air conditioner' chargers sold in hardware
> stores and departments for less than ten bucks
will handle any battery
> charger we are apt to use - including a GE tractor
charger - but it must be
> remembered tht the timer repeats it's set 'on'
time every 24 hours.

I take it you mean "air conditioner TIMERS."

I've used one of these by rewiring it so that when
the switch turns off the load,
it also shuts off power to the timer motor.

I never thought to mangle the off trip.  I suppose
it work equally well, and
would probably be easier to do. However, if you
break something off, that's
most likely a permanent change.  Wiring changes are
usually reversible.