Re: (ET) colors, by brand

With thanks to several replies on and off list and several pictures sent to me, the New Idea tractors were two-tone: a burnt or rusty orange color ("bittersweet" from Avco) and a cream or off white color (similar to a current Krylon cream color spray paint). And now that I have the image in mind, this rings a bell for a tractor I saw Harold Z. working on.

So to complete the list,

   General Electric/E-series = Yellow

   General Electric/I-5 = Bright Orange

   Wheelhorse = Dark Red

   New Idea = "Bittersweet" orange & off-white two-tone

- Jim Coate

Dean Stuckmann wrote:
If I recall correctly the New Ideas were a burnt orange and off white. I think that matched their farm equipment at the time.

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's