Re: (ET) Alltrax output!

On 24 Oct 2006 at 12:42, Ralph & Elaine Vogan wrote:

> I have never changed the program in my unit (didn't have a laptop
> with XP).  The FW must have been turned on when I got the Alltrax.

I wouldn't be surprised.  Apparently some of them have non-default
defaults.
<g>

When I got mine, it was set up for an inductive potbox.  I powered up and
got
an error code.  I spent the better part of an afternoon troubleshooting
the
installation before I thought to borrow a laptop with XP and check the
settings.

BTW, they say the current software will run on earlier Windoze versions,
but I
haven't tried it (yet).

> I can tell when the FW turns on about Half throttle by a sudden
> increase in current on the load meter.

According to what Steve said, it's not supposed to slam you until close to
the
top of the throttle curve.  Maybe your throttle pot has too large a
resistance
value and is reaching 100% too soon.  (Or too small, depending on which
type you have the controller configured for.)