Re: (ET) Electric Chainsaw and rotary inverter

Ok, a bit more on-topic question: I have a rotary inverter for my Elec-trak, and want to use a chainsaw with it. Back when the breaker was working; it would pop pretty quickly with my 16 inch Sears saw, popped more slowly with the Sears 14 inch one.

Yesterday I went out to cut up some wood, and the breaker on the rotary was not resetting at all (this is straight out of the shed). I bypassed it, used the chainsaw, and aside from it slowing down under load appeared fine.

What kind of breaker should I put on this thing and do I need to have one really? The 36 volt side is protected by the Elec-trak's 45amp accessory breaker; if it overloaded the Trac should shut it down.

Or is the rotary inverter just not up to powering a chainsaw?

Chris