Re: (ET) Mower Control

I wonder if this isn't due to worn rollers. On my E-15 with front mounted mower, the axle bar for the rear rollers is supported at each end by a square-ish bracket that is adjustable for height. It's an awkward piece of work, and on my mower, it will dig in (but not flip the mower) on backing once in a while.

I have noticed that on my mower the rollers are a loose fit on the axle. However, I have had no luck in finding new ones, so I am considering making some bushings that will be a tighter fit on the axle. This will have the effect of raising the axle maybe 1/4 - 3/8 inch if I take up all the slack due to wear. I also suspect the outside diameter of the rollers has been worn smaller than original, and maybe a sleeve could be devised if I can't find replacements.

At one time I went looking for swivel casters similar to the front that I could mount on the rear corners - in place of the rollers and axle assembly. However, I could never find any that would swivel and not interfere with the mower housing or front wheels of the tractor, so I gave up.

In addition, my rollers don't span the full width of the deck, so I have used a couple of washers as spacers in between each roller just to be sure the outside rollers are close to the ends of the axles to give that axle bracket some support.

Hope these observations help.