Re: (ET) Sweeper Control - deck motor powered

Most scooter motors these days are 'brushless' and these types have
multiple coils to recieve the pulses (or phases) in their motors. Many
power wires to the motor rather than 2. These controllers are not suited
to any DC motors we would use.  - also some of theis type controller does
not use a 'speedpot, but an electronic device (CCD) for a throttle.  Most
of this type seem to be 48V some are 36.  Most of them I've run across
are built into a wheel, have no output shaft.
   Together as a system, brushless motor, controller and pot are
excellent and trouble free, as attested by owners here in New England as
well as my own TANK 750 with 800 miles on her (mainly at 25-27 mph peak).
  But 750 W is only 1 hp minus a little loss.  Very few scooters of any
type have more horsepower.  Reason;  State MV registration requirements
for 'moped and scooter' registration limit is 1 1/2 hp in some states 1
in others and 2 in a couple of them (FL is one) so 1 hp will be legal
all 50 states.  These scoots btw do not operate in 'overload mode'  -
that is, draw more than rated current to give more than rated HP when
they accelerate from a dead stop or go up big hills as brush motor type
DC EV's do.  Controller limits this inherently and if it didn't the rotor
would 'break sync'.

Dave
Weymouth MA