Re: (ET) AGM, Nicad,NiMH, & regular lead acid golf cart batteries

David;

I have to respectfully disagree with what you wrote. Well not exactly
disagree....it's just a matter of opinion and our may differ. But that's
why
there called opinions right?

Any way, I agree that the added weight of a lead acid pack can be a
disadvantage in an on-road EV. However, my ET weighs 600lbs without the
batteries, that is plenty enough weight for anything the average person
would ask it to do. I don't see a pack lighter than the flooded lead pack
as
being a *disadvantage*. True, the additional weight of a lead acid pack is
not a disadvantage either, but I don't see it being necessarily an
advantage
either. It's kind of a non-issue (in my opinion)

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

GE I-5
Blossvale, NY

> On Behalf Of David Roden

> One ETer I know uses Saft STM5-180 nicads, again because he had some on
> hand.  These have a weight advantage for road EVs, but lower weight is a
> DISadvantage in the ET.  Saft STM nicads are very expensive.  On the plus
> side, nicads excel at cold weather performance and unlike lead batteries
can
> be left uncharged indefinitely without harm.  Again, a more sophisticated
> charger is pretty much a requirement for Safts.
>
> David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.9