Re: (ET) AGM, Nicad,NiMH, & regular lead acid golf cart batteries

Jumpin right in on this one.

With the huge self-discharge rate of NIMH batteries,  who would even
think of making larger ones?  NIMH are energy wasters any way you look at
them losing about 1/30 charge per day.  Bigger ones would only lose more
energy daily than small ones.  The portable tool mfgrs seem to have
stopped using them and gone back to the improved (minimal memory problem)
nicads.   As for energy density,  skip it.  The AA ones were pure garbage
in my CD player  even when put in right off the charger.  The nicads play
3x the CD's than the NIMH's.  Puttin em in a penlight,  when I pick it up
a couple weeks later for use, it's yellow.  So buyin the special charger
and batts pkg was a net loss for me to the great god of hype.

Dave
Weymouth MA