Re: (ET) Leaves and an E-12

The ET sweeper sort of works, but it fills up too quickly.  It also has
trouble with my uneven ground.  Worse, I almost destroyed it one time when
piece of baling twine lying in the pasture got wrapped round the brushes.
That was back when BIll Gunn was in business so I could get the parts to
fix
it.  I don't take the sweeper into the pasture any more.  :-(

I also tried an electric blower/vac.  The vacuum was way too slow and
clogged frequently.  Then I tried blowing the leaves into piles, and
stuffing them into the Flowtron shredder.  That was better, but blowing
them
actually seemed slower  than raking them, and emptying the Flowtron bag
then
became an impediment.  Both of these methods created a pretty dreadful
amount of noise, too; I had to wear hearing protection even though both
gadgets are electric.

Best method I've found so far is to put the bagger on the electric push
mower (B&D MM450) and run over the leaves.  It still needs to be emptied
way
too often, but at least the leaves are shredded.

Anybody have a genuine ET vacuum?  How does that work for leaves?  How do
you dump it?  What I think I really want is one of these vacs with a long,
long hose that goes all the way to my compost heap.  ;-)

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

                               -- Emma Goldman