(ET) E15 control board #1

 - Greetings -

The old control board #1 in the old E15 died.  The large problem is with
the diodes which seemed to have sniffed too many battery fumes.  The diode
leads have separated from the semiconductor and in some instances from
the diode case.  The capacitor would not charge thru an open diode (duh'h)
so that the SCR could fire.

My question concerns the difference between this early E12 (cast iron
front axle) and the schematic for the 26AE15 #1 control board.  The board
I am working on has in locations C104, C104, and C105 50 uF, 50 V caps.
The schematic shows 1 uF, 100 V caps at those locations.  As this board
has worked well all these years, I plan not to change them.  My question
is, "Has anyone come across this discrepancy and resolved it to his/her
satisfaction?"

Thanks and keep on trackin'
                                                Rhett