Re: (ET) Quieter Tranny

This was in reference to an E-20.   I have an E-12 that has a tranny
that isn't as quiet as I think it should be.   Plus, I doubt it has ever
been drained.   Is this the same procedure for the E-12?   What should
it be refilled with?

--David C Robie <mycroftxx1 juno com <mailto:mycroftxx1%40juno.com> >
wrote --
Quieter tranny - - it may have water in it.  Also - to fill it, jack up
the rear end (be careful)
as the filler plug is to low not everything gets enough lube in there.
When you drain it be sure it's done completely. I usually leave the
drain
and fill plugs out overnite and blow some comressed air into it to speed
the drooling out before leaving it to drain. Also, if she's stored
outdoors, make up a rubber boot of some sort to keep rain out of the
shifter where it goes into the tranny.