Re: (ET) New Elec-Traks

From: Tim Humphrey <hump evgrin com>
<...>
> How about an electric ATV?  With all of the ET attachments available?

Tim, Zap already has an electric ATV:

http://www.zapworld.com/products/ATZ_ATV.asp

They seem to be about $3K:

http://www.bigkidtoys.com/HTML/ATVelecATZ.html

When I was shopping for new lawn tractor, about 10 years ago a new 36"
LawnChief was around $3K the ElectricOx folks were asking $10K + S&H so I
settled for a neighbors used LawnChief for $700.

Since then, I found an E15 that needed spilled acid from frozen batteries
cleaned off it, with a blower [untested], a mower deck [badly rusted] and
a parts E15 with snowcab [new] at an estate sale for $200.

I bought 6 new batteries ~$450, a Soneil 36V charger ~$100, welded up the
deck and sold the ICE.

I have since gotten an E20 and new mower deck for another $350 plus gas /
time to fetch them ~400 miles each way.  The E20 still needs new cards and
a replacement wiring harness [the old one was butchered]

Add that up and this "hobby" has cost almost as much if not more than the
$3K+ an ICE would have cost.  I have ~4.5 acres of which I mower ~2 [town
zoning requirement, don't ask].  If an electric could have been had for
the cost of a new ICE I'd have done that.

Thanks,
Bill