Re: (ET) New Elec-Traks

I have the Electric Ox, for which I paid about $12K including mowing
deck, blade, and snowblower.  The Electric Ox is exactly an attempt at
redoing the Elec-trak with modern technology, and in fact it's a huge
improvement.  So I think that a redone Elec-trak is worth a lot (but I
don't have any need for another).

I think if you want to go into this business you have to understand
why Electric Tractor Corp. has to charge so much.  They seem to be a
somewhat marginal business -- I don't think excessive profiteering
is the problem.  They claim that the equivalent multipurpose gasoline
lawn tractor costs a similar amount.  Whether this is true or false
depends on what you think is equivalent.

What did the Elec-trak cost when it was new?  How about adjusted for
inflation to the present day?

                                        Ken