Re: (ET) New Elec-Traks

I'm sure I'm not typical, but I would not have bought ANY lawn tractor,
regardless of fuel, if it cost over $1000 with a mower deck and snow
blade.
Half that is better.  A grand would have been an absolute limit which I
would have thought long and hard about.  (I have to admit I've put more
than
that into the ETs over the years, with improvements and repairs; but it
was
spread out, so I didn't notice. ;-)

Part of the reason for the attitude is the way my property is set up - a
lot
of it is hard to mow with any large machine.  Another part of it is
attitude
- I hate spending a Saturday mowing grass.  I mow as infrequently as I
possibly can.  If I had a lot of grass to mow, say over an acre, I'd
convert
at least some of it into garden and plant some of it in low-growing ground
cover.

Aside from my interest in electric vehicles, the ET was a perfect machine
for me because old examples can be had fairly cheaply; but because of
outstanding original build quality, it remains a usable machine.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
"Pray, Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?"  I am not able rightly to apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

                               -- Charles Babbage