Re: (ET) Ebay

Amen, Dave!

I love the concept that my E-20 represents, but long to have one with more modern materials, design, steering geometry & ratios, and a tighter turning circle (not to mention a quieter tranny!).

I firmly believe there's a business case if a company with a good reputation (like JD) would bring out something equivalent to the ET. When you stop to think about it, everyone's trying to get electric cars to be mainstream-practical, but their main limitation is still range. A pure electric tractor is an ideal solution for the average suburban lot and an ideal use for electric technology - NOW. You don't GO anywhere, so an outlet is only as far away as your garage! When you're done, just plug in. No gas to buy & spill, no oil changes, less noise & vibration - show me the average homeowner who really loves dealing with any of those things. If the machine were made with high quality materials & a well engineered and tested design it could be quite troublefree. It would probably initially sell for a premium (still much less than the Ox), but I'm guessing there are enough greenies out there to keep 'em moving. With enough volume (and proven reliability), prices could drop or downmarket models could be derived from the technology.

I am very curious to know if any forward-thinking major manufacturers have taken a serious look and done analysis on the possibilities. Or are they all just figuring they won't invest in new tech until forced to?

Steve
Alltraxed E-20