Re: (ET) Ebay

I would like to see a major company (NOT MTD)  possibly John Deere come
out with a version of the GE bigframe.   We have excellent controller and
charger electronics, better batteries, and more efficient motors now than
we had in the 70's.  And we have examples in daily use all over the place
of simple reliable long lasting ET's.  All they would have to do is to
buy any unexpired rights that remain and copy one, substituting newer
technologies (and non rusting matls).  Imagine a bigframe, completely
powdercoated over galvy, with molded plastic battery boxes.  Even with no
electronics but a GE16 type speed control system and off the shelf
industrial contactors, she would live practically forever.
    The OX is a step in the right direction, perhaps with volume in sales
the price can come down to a competitive level with present mid level gas
tractors.

Something to think about as we quietly and efficiently, without fouling
the atmosphere or burning irreplaceable underground hydrocarbons mow blow
and tow.

Dave
Weymouth MA