Re: (ET) charging time - not linear/constant

Another part of this calculation is that charge tapers off - so you might
get
10 amps initially, then 7, then 5, then 3 - when you randomly happen to
check
the rate, over the course of the day.

You would have to use a data logger (or one of those $200 to $300 battery
charge meters, which measures total energy put into the battery) to truly
know if you put a 'reasonable' amount of energy into the batteries.

So as Travis said - your 12 hours could be quite reasonable.