(ET) Lost 2nd and 3rd speeds in E12

This is an E12M which had been running OK--I think. (Wasn't always sure I had all THREE ranges--sometimes seemed like I had 3rd but not 2nd?).

Now have start speed, no change in 2nd, then very slight change in motor speed in 3rd. I've followed the troubleshooting chart, without success.
Following the chart on page 4-8:

With contactor 1A energized I do have 36V coil voltage. 1A contacts then read 0 V yesterday (1.3V today). The wiring to 1A contacts checks OK, though some had been changed by PO. (The brake switch wire to CB-1 <not sure I even have that CB> now runs to 1R, on terminal with other 11-00's. 25-00 now runs to from 1A coil to 2RTN coil rather than CB-1 as on schematic. And there is no 11-00 on 2RTN coil (25-00 there instead?). 2RTN coil doesn't function at all, as far as I can tell. The troubleshooting chart doesn't mention it, but is it necessary, for the two upper speeds to function?

Appreciate any advice, as I can stare at schematics for a long time, without necessarily figuring much out! ;-)

Thon