Re: (ET) Get Together

Hi Dave I can understand the uses of a password, it dose help keep the spammers out..an I guess it works most times..I had the same problems on the site ..keep running into walls or popups that said "I'm not approved for that" so like you I quit going there..when I get the pics of my ET together I will put them in an album on the yahoo ET group

Jerry NW Ohio
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Roden" <etpost drmm net>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) Get Together

I used to use elec-trak.org when it was a straightforward repository of
information (manuals, brochures, etc.).  I didn't much care for the second
version's Javascript menu system (too twitchy for my taste), but I could use
it with a little patience.

Then, a couple years ago or so, the site was redesigned as (I guess) mainly
a forum.  Not sure why that was done.  This mailing list was and is fine
with me as a way to communicate with the ET community. I didn't think a web
forum was necessary, and still don't.  But whatever suits, I guess.

At any rate I seem to recall going there for some kind of information and
bumping into a forum interface, which I wasn't expecting. For some reason I
couldn't get what I came for - maybe it was that I had to sign up to even
read stuff - but at any rate, I struck out.  So I sort of wandered off
(probably looking bemused) and never returned.

Not that I'm necessarily opposed to signing up for a forum - it's more that
I wanted info, reasonably easy to find, and it wasn't there or I couldn't
find it. No offense meant, and I don't mean to seem ungrateful - I know how much effort it takes to maintain a website - but for whatever reason, elec-
trak.org just didn't work for me.

No idea what's up with the password. Maybe to keep the riff-raff out? That
would be me, I suppose.  ;-)

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Americans are satisfied with things because they are large; and
if not large, they must have cost a great deal of money.

                           -- Lepel Henry Griffin, ca. 1885