Re: (ET) New Relay - Landis Controller

On Aug 6, 2006 Michael S. Briggs wrote: I chose to put it on the spot on the Landis controller where the red wire connects to the PC board (the red wire that connects to the power disconnect, and hence is connected to the uppermost battery + terminal). Of course, those

solder traces are really close together, and the probe of my Multimeter shorted across the solder spot where the red wire connects, and the trace connected to the 47 uF capacitor, shorting across them, and making a nice "Pop".

Mike, I have been reading about your efforts and pulling for your success in fixing your Elec-Trak. How did you finally connect the Landis Controller in your Elec-Trak? Replaced the timer? Did you put it in a box? Did you install a double pole double throw to bypass the Landis when you feel the need for more power? I would like to hear from you and anyone who successfully use the Landis in their E20 before I install mine. Thank you, Raymon