-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Mike Wallace
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:36 PM
To: Hump; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Used parts

Speaking of used parts, does anyone have a shift lever off an E8 or E10
(three speed Peerless)?

My E10 started acting like I was loosing 2nd gear, getting noisy and
jumping
out of gear every once in a while.  I figured something might have been
getting worn inside the tranny and the sheet metal "H" pattern shift plate
was not allowing the lever to move far enough.  I took that plate off and
it
seemed to help, at least until I was ready to back it into the garage
after
mowing.  I tried to go from 2nd to reverse and the dang lever came off in
my
hand.  Looks like a fatigue failure of the rod itself just as it goes into
the tranny.

Got my doubts that I can weld this one back together, but I don't have the
tranny torn down yet either.  Looks like a lot easier to just replace it
with another one.

Mike in KY