Re: (ET) ok, not the fusible link

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, David Roden wrote:

On 1 Aug 2006 at 12:51, Michael S Briggs wrote:

THe only time that relay is supposed to move
is when moving it from reverse-neutral to forward-neutral on the speed
selector, or vice versa! (right?)

That's correct.  IIRC (I don't have the GE controller on mine any more) the
relay should pull in and drop out as you move the speed lever left and
right
in the neutral position.  At least mine did.

If the relay is clicking when you do that, the problem is in the relay or
field wiring.  If it's NOT clicking, the problem is in the relay control,
possibly on the card or in the microswitch in the speed lever.

Ok, that helps quite a bit. It is indeed clicking, so the problem then should be in the relay itself (bad contact presumably) or field wiring. But, since I can go backwards fine, I assume that means that at least most or all of the field wiring should be fine, since I am getting field for going in reverse. The problem should be somewhere between the relay and the part of the field wiring that is shared whether you're going forward or reverse. Time for some fun debugging tonight. :)

I'm really glad my E15 doesn't have a reverse relay any more.  That darn
relay (and associated circuitry) gave me more trouble than any other
electrical component on the tractor.

I can see why!

Thanks,
Mike