Re: (ET) ok, not the fusible link

On 1 Aug 2006 at 12:51, Michael S Briggs wrote:

> THe only time that relay is supposed to move
> is when moving it from reverse-neutral to forward-neutral on the speed
> selector, or vice versa! (right?)

That's correct.  IIRC (I don't have the GE controller on mine any more)
the
relay should pull in and drop out as you move the speed lever left and
right
in the neutral position.  At least mine did.

If the relay is clicking when you do that, the problem is in the relay or
field wiring.  If it's NOT clicking, the problem is in the relay control,
possibly on the card or in the microswitch in the speed lever.

I'm really glad my E15 doesn't have a reverse relay any more.  That darn
relay (and associated circuitry) gave me more trouble than any other
electrical component on the tractor.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
     Republicans have perfectly nice manners, normal hair, pleasant
     smiles, and good deodorants; but when it comes down to cases,
     you do not want them to be monitoring your oxygen flow.  They
     will set it to the minimum required to sustain basic brain
     function, and then they will recite a little prayer for you.

                              -- Garrison Keillor