Re: (ET) ok, not the fusible link

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, David Roden wrote:

On 1 Aug 2006 at 12:12, Michael S Briggs wrote:

Hm.... what's the best way to tell if the relay itself is bad?

If field voltage appears on the moving contacts but not on the fixed
contacts they're touching, that's a pretty sure sign it's not working
right.
;-)

:) My issue though right now is figuring out which contacts those are, since the relay doesn't move when I move the speed selector forward. Ohhhh, wait a minute. THe only time that relay is supposed to move is when moving it from reverse-neutral to forward-neutral on the speed selector, or vice versa! (right?) I was for some reason thinking that it clicked one way when moving into reverse speeds, and clicked some other way when moving into forward speeds, but in a neutral position was open on all connectors. But, thinking about it again, I'm thinking it only is supposed to engage once - when moving between forward neutral and reverse neutral. So, I can look at the contactors that it touches during that move and test'em. For some reason I was thinking there was another click that I wasn't seeing, so didn't know which contactors to test.

Thanks,
Mike

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
I think; therefore, I'm alone in the universe.

                   -- Vern, "Over the Hedge"