Re: (ET) Penetrating oil & conductivity

All oil is non- conductive.  But you don't use regular oil.
You put the 'special penetrating cleaning oil'  in and the compression of
the metal squeezes it out when you tighten (or when it tightens itself).
In the case of 'points'  there is a lot of compression, spring tension on
them.  As for other contacts, the same but the garbage gets washed out
and the spring tension inherent in all electrical connectors is made
better without the garbage there.
   As for distributors, what it does is penetrate the microscopic pores
of the plastic and drive out the water, which being non mixable goes away
with the excess that drips off.  Laving a nice non codductive oily film.

Dave
Weymouth MA