(ET) I'm an idiot (Michael S Briggs)

Or the Sound of silence.

Hi Michael

You're not an idiot or we all are one of the two. Since I've got into ET's
and the list it continues to amaze me that it is the "simple little" things
that seem to give us the most problems. Motors wired wrong, blown fuses,
pinched wires, broken connectors etc. I have a friend who rendered his EGT
20 useless for most of last summer because he drilled a 1/8 hole in the
frame to mount a bracket and pinched the insulation on one of the "safety
interlock wires.
It also amazes me that the 30 year old machine are so very well engineered
(the 1980 Wheelhorse are and exception to this).  In my experiences is
usually a little thing that gets you. Also. as with all electrical repairs
it takes 95% finding the problem and 5% to repair it.
I love these machines and I have a few they are the quiet when they are
working and clean. But, when they're broken the silence is deafening

Geof Thompson
A-60,
E-81,
ER8-36,