Re: (ET) charger voltage

Michael S Briggs wrote:
I've been scanning through the archives, and also the Service Manual, and am seeing some mixed messages on this - what voltage should the charger be putting out to the batteries? Mine's putting out a shade under 40 V (39.5V or so), and they seem to not be holding as much energy as I'd like (T-105s that are a few years old, bought used). According to the Service manual, 40-45 V is ok (well, not on exactly the same wires as I'm

40 is a bit too low to be honest. T105's can be watered, so you should take them up to 45.

If your charger goes to 40 and stops, the problem is simple: Your capacitor is going bad. Order a new one from Harold Zimmerman, and strap it to your existing one and move the wires. That is literally it.

Chris