-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces
cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Michael S Briggs
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 4:07 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) one blade not cutting well

        With the gator blades on (and even when I put the original blades
back on), the far right blade on my E15 was not cutting well. It seems
that the motor wasn't spinning that one fast enough, and with the Gator
Blades, the slow speed resulted in grass accumulating in the "teeth" on
the backside of the blade, eventually stopping it from spinning altogether
(which then resulted in lots of grass building up around the blade).
        I swapped all of the gator blades out for the regular Elec-Trak
blades, and it cut somewhat better since it was at least spinning that
right blade, and it couldn't accumulate grass in it, but it still didn't
really cut the grass much - apparently spinning too slow (also the Gator
Blades used quite a bit more power, especially as the grass built up in
that blade, and I a couple times had the other mower motors shut off due
to the thermal breaker cutting out).
        So - I need to figure out why that blade isn't cutting well. It
seems that the motor for some reason just isn't spinning it fast enough.
What could be the cause of this? Perhaps worn brushes (but not
*completely* worn such that it doesn't spin at all)?

Thanks,
Mike