Re: (ET) Alltrax question.

Seven red blinks means the battery voltage is too high.  It may really be
too
high (still on the charger - very bad - or just off charge).  It's also
possible that
the factory accidentally set the voltage limit incorrectly. (Such errors
are not
unheard of.  My Alltrax arrived set up for an inductive throttle sensor,
for
some reason.  I did a lot of checking before I thought to connect a
computer
and read the setup.)

IIRC, the voltage limit can be read and adjusted with the configuration
program (downloadable from alltraxinc.com).  You may need a Windows XP
machine to run the program.

Note - regardless of this setting, the controller MUST be isolated from
the
traction battery during charging.  This isolation function is provided by
the
charge/storage - run switch shown on the Alltrax installation diagram.  It
can
also be accomplished with the main disconnect IF you have rewired the
charger directly to the battery pack, bypassing the main.

WARNING - if, while you are charging, the controller is even CONNECTED, it
is very likely to be damaged.   The controller need not be turned on for
this to
happen!

dr