(ET) Alltrax E20 question.

I am in the process of installing the third controller on my E-20 tractor.  The first two units smoked on me and I am very concerned that I have something wired wrong.  In the process of tracing back all my wiring, both newly installed and current, I discovered what seems to be an anomaly with my pto switch.  If I am reading the alltrax wiring diagram properly the key switch has to be made, before power will be at the pto switch.  >From my E20 schematic I find this wire to be labled #15 which feeds through the pto switch.  Now the interesting thing is that on my tractor when I check continuity through the pto switch from pto coil #27 and #15, I am hot, even with the main key switch turned off.  This is very perplexing in that both the alltrax schematic and the ET both show the key switch having to be on, before power is supplied through the pto switch.  I haven’t done any rewiring of the dashboard switches as I am reusing all the original connectors and dash wiring for this conversion.  On my last attempted controller unit, it fried when I hit the PTO switch and I am concerned that I am picking up power to it, even with the key switch off.  I have discovered that if I wire the #15 from the key switch to one side of the reverse & throttle switches without going to the pto switch, as the alltrax schematic shows, I am able to make the pto behave normally.  In-other-words, if I have the key switch off the pto switch is also off, but if I turn key on, then the pto will work properly.  My tractor does not have a seat or brake switches and everything else seems to be stock.  What am I missing, should the pto switch indeed be hot with the key off?

Thanks,

Bob K.

Robert Kleinbrahm

Senior Network Engineer

First Republic Bank

San Francisco, CA. 94111

415 288-1478

First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries do not take responsibility for, or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.