(ET) Probably a very stupid question

OK, I was just given 2 elec-traks that I'm told were working recently and 2
parts tractors, so I run out and buy 6 used GC2 batteries at a very good
price, and when I go to pop them into the tractor, I realize that the
terminals are far too small for the clamp-style cables  on the tractor
(just
an upright threaded bolt) with a small nut and washer.  Hmmm?  Do I need a
different battery?  To change the cables on the tractor?  An adaptor?
Please advise and forgive me my ignorance...
--
Arnie Sabatelli